Art Preparation Guidelines
Please consider the following when setting up art files for displays:
How will your art be printed?
Each process involves different design specifications. The most common processes are shown below. Digital direct printing is also available. Please contact us for how to lay out files for digital printing. They will vary by project depending on how it will be cut.
Lithographic Label Files:
- Digital art may be supplied as Illustrator, InDesign and/or Photoshop files. PDF’s are acceptable in some cases. No low-resolution jpegs, please.
- Photographic images should be high-resolution (300 dpi) images at full size.
- Please outline text whenever possible, or provide all fonts needed.
- Critical text/artwork should be a minimum of 1/4″ away from the dieline edge and/or scores.
- Minimum bleed is 3/8″ out from the dieline. NOTE: If we supply a dieline with label trim included, please bleed the art to the label trim area (green lines on dieline).
Dielines or Templates:
- Digital line art should preferably be vector-based (i.e., Adobe illustrator) images. Photoshop line art should be 600 dpi minimum.
- Photographic image resolution should be at least 150 dpi at full size.
- Touching colors will be trapped (overlapped by about 3/32”) to allow for press movement during printing.
- Text size minimum is 8 points, if possible.
- Line weight minimum is 1 point.
- Critical text/artwork should be a minimum of 3/8′ away from the dieline edge and/or scores.
- Minimum bleed is 3/8″ out from the dieline.
Dielines are necessary to assure the proper size and placement of art. You sales representative can obtain one for you in your preferred format (i.e. PDF, eps, etc.).
FTP Your Files Now
Email Art Files:
If you’re using “FTP” site talk to your sales representative about obtaining a username and password before attempting to use the site. If using your FTP site, please provide your site address, login ID and password.
Files can be receved and sent via CD to:
162 York Ave. E.
St. Paul, MN 55117
(If your file is 10mb or smaller)
For a smoother transfer, compress (zip) your files before sending.
Larger files can also be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org via WeTransfer, Dropbox or other internet-based file transfer sites.
Our Macintosh-based graphics department utilizes the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign).
Please supply the following:
- Complete, workable CMYK files; preferably in their native file format.
- A PDF preview of the artwork (if sending artwork electronically) or a color printout (if sending artwork by mail.)
- All supporting files: Line files and fonts.
- Appropriate Pantone or GCMI spot colors (if applicable) - indicate coated or uncoated for Pantone. If you need a specific custom color, please provide a sample for color matching.
- Name of company, project and contact person for any questions related to the project.
If you would like a quote for a new project, please submit the your request to Sales@meridiandisplay.com
Any questions? Contact your sales representative at: